Is it just me or did 2014 fly by? Times moving so fast that I’m thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions on January 2nd…haha (or it could be the procrastinator in me).
I’ve never been big on the whole New Year’s Resolution thing. I might set some arbitrary goals, but rarely did I put pressure on myself to have them completed by year’s end. Half the time I didn’t even remember what they were come December.
Last year though, I actually set a resolution, kept it and remembered it by the end of the year. It was really gratifying to be able to look back over the last year and see what I’ve accomplished.
Needless to say, its made me a little more apt to set new resolutions for this year in my personal life and writing life.
So I thought I would share a couple of writing related goals for the coming year to keep me accountable. Feel free on December 31, 2015 to inquire as to whether or not I actually met my goals! (I’m a classic procrastinator, so we’ll see!)
1. Finish the first and second draft of The Hurricane Effect;
2. Submit the complete package for The Kings of Charleston media deal by January 31st;
3. Get the Clayton Family Kitchen back up and running;
4. Hire an assistant to help me juggle all the marketing, social media, etc.; and
4. If I’m feeling really ambitious, I’ll have The Hurricane Effect ready for submission by the end of the year.
Happy New Year Everyone!