I was asked not too long ago to do a couple of guest posts, featuring 10 things you don’t know about me and 10 things you don’t know about Casper Whitley. I was intrigued, because I’d been asked to do a list for myself, but never for a character in The Kings of Charleston. I thought it was a really creative idea and I wanted to share the lists with you over a few posts, starting with me:
10 Things You Don’t Know About Kat H. Clayton:
(1) I’m of British and Native American descent (Cherokee).
(2) I’m terrified of heights and even a step ladder bothers me.
(3) I’m a chocoholic who has to feed her addiction every day.
(4) I’m related to Henry VIII and two of his wives, Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard.
(5) I’m a swimmer and a water lover, who was on a swim team from the age of 10 until I graduated high school.
(6) I’ve met Grumpy Cat.
(7) I love The Golden Girls and I own every single episode on DVD.
(8) Music motivates my writing. My regular writing rotation includes a lot of Florence + the Machine, OneRepublic and Lana Del Rey when I’m writing.
(9) If Stars Hollow from the Gilmore Girls were a real town, I would move there in a heart beat.
(10) I absolutely love the South and I refuse to live where it snows regularly or the temperature gets below 30 degrees more than a day or two (exception: if #9 were true).