Life in a Run-On Sentence

So much has happened this week, that I’m not sure that I can contain it all in one post, but I will try.

First and foremost, thank you to those who have supported my husband’s family through this difficult time. The outpouring of love has been amazing and has shown just how many people have been touched by my father-in-law, Mike.

Second, thank you to those who have supported me this week through my surgery. As I mentioned in a post before, I was scheduled to have Lasik this past Friday and I’m writing to you with what feels like new eyes. It’s an amazing feeling when you’ve not been able to see when you wake up since your were in second grade. Not only did I gain the ability to see without the help of contacts, but I actually have a little better than 20/20 vision (almost 20/15).

Thank you to my parents who were here this past week, because there was no way I could have made it through everything without them. Not only did I have Lasik and lose my father-in-law, I had a mild case (couldn’t move all day thursday without feeling sick) of food poisioning. So my week went like this: parents come to stay with us for a week, get food poisioning, find out about the passing of my father-in-law, and Lasik friday morning.

I seriously considered postponing the surgery due to the circumstances, but my husband reminded me that his father would have wanted me to go ahead and have the surgery. And indeed he was one of the most excited to see me have it done. He would ask me about it every time I saw him, and you could see the excitment in his face. He had actually had it many years ago, and in a twist of irony had his own Lasik surgery performed by the father of my Lasik surgeon.

I’m so lucky to have parents who sat with me all day Thursday while I was sick, put up gutters on the front of my house (while I lay motionless on the couch afraid to move or I might throw up), take me to my husband’s parent’s home at midnight because I couldn’t bare not to be there for my husband and his family despite my fever and nausea, who took me to get Lasik and babied me all day Friday because I was unable to move or really open my eyes after surgery (I know it’s a run-on sentence, but that’s what my life has felt like the past few days). Really, I couldn’t ask for better parents.

Life has been an emotional rollercoaster this week and will continue to be for quite some time, but we take one day at a time knowing my husband’s father is in Heaven and that one day we will meet again.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s